• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Developing an App with no intention of publishing to the Apple Store. Can I develop it on Windows?

Z

zrk03

Hey, I want to make an DnD app for me and my friends. Some of my friends have iPhones, I have an Android. I was wondering if I made on App on gamemaker 1.4, would I be able to put it on my friends iPhone without putting it on the app store?

Toque

I’m guessing you would still need an Apple dev account. They could be testers. But I havnt published for a couple years so I can only assume.

YellowAfterlife

ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ
Forum Staff
Depending on circumstances, an HTML5 app could be a more appropriate choice - both on iOS and Android you can "pin" a website to your home screen and have it open like an app