1. Hey! Guest! The 35th GMC Jam will take place between November 28th, 12:00 UTC - December 2nd, 12:00 UTC. Why not join in! Click here to find out more!
    Dismiss Notice

Developing an App with no intention of publishing to the Apple Store. Can I develop it on Windows?

Discussion in 'Legacy GameMaker Community Tech Support' started by zrk03, Nov 9, 2019.

1. zrk03

zrk03 Member

Hey, I want to make an DnD app for me and my friends. Some of my friends have iPhones, I have an Android. I was wondering if I made on App on gamemaker 1.4, would I be able to put it on my friends iPhone without putting it on the app store?

2. Toque

Toque Member

I’m guessing you would still need an Apple dev account. They could be testers. But I havnt published for a couple years so I can only assume.

3. YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife ᴏɴʟɪɴᴇ ᴍᴜʟᴛɪᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ Forum Staff Moderator

Depending on circumstances, an HTML5 app could be a more appropriate choice - both on iOS and Android you can "pin" a website to your home screen and have it open like an app