• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Developing a business plan, need feedback

I'm very bored, so I filled out your survey. Mine's the extremely optimistic one. :^)

Couldn't enter an email address, because I couldn't, for some reason. Good luck to you anyway, hahah.

D

Dan McKinnon

Hey

Thanks for that, everyone! I really appreciate the love and feedback.

Yes. We should all work together! I would love that.

Here's my idea: I want to make an Indie Grab Bag.

It's a fun little game collecting experience to support indie devs and discover their content.

You get a (virtual) bag, you open it, a bunch of fun collectible prizes come flying out of it: Games, puzzles, toys.

I'd develop the software and do the bulk of the marketing and promotion. I'm thinking of a pretty straight forward user acquisition strategy which would involve a lot of give-aways: They could be bundled with games, cross-promotional, at conventions, bundled with beer?? etc Give people a little taste and get them hooked. Buying another bag is sure to always bring a few hours of fun indie entertainment and for a good cause: a thriving indie community.

I'm totally open to suggestions and ideas, too. I love it all. I love game jams and game dev.

As for the results:

The average indie dev rated marketing the highest most needed thing at 3.9/5.0
Second highest was art and design at 3.7/5.0
As suspected people needed ideas the least at 2.0/5.0
Almost everyone was willing to make small code changes to help with marketing, which I think is good news for my idea.

Last edited by a moderator: