Windows Detritus WIP [BETA, Turn-Based Online MP]

Alex

alexcjw
For the past month or so I have been working on a turn-based platformer with a destructible terrain, much like the original Worms (1995). I wanted to create a small game which had online multiplayer capabilities, a game that does not require an account to play online. I originally had the idea to create something similar to Monkey Snowfight on Miniclip - something that I can play with a friend in these boring lockdown times.

(Work in Progress)

Detritus is a tactical turn-based game where the player controls a team of 4 and competes against other 3 teams which are controlled by the computer, or a human opponent. The aim of the game is to destroy the players in the other teams using the weapons provided and remain the last surviving player. There are over a dozen weapons to choose from, and when most weapons are used, they create an explosion that deforms the terrain, thus making getting around the map on your turn even harder.

There are 4 teams consisting of 4 players each. During an offline session, you have the option to add more human players, meaning you can play with up to 4 players with one controller (or keyboard). The turn time is 30 seconds by default, however, this can be changed to 15, 30, 45, and 60 seconds.

Controls
A/D: Move
W: Jump
F: Show Weapons
T: Chatbox
Click: Shoot

A GUI is displayed with controls when it is your turn to proceed. Custom keyboard mapping is currently unavailable, however it is 100% coming.

Awards
Players can earn awards through various ways throughout their turn, and awards are displayed against your username. There is typically no limit to how many awards can be achieved.

- Take 99HP from another player in one hit
- Win a match with 100% HP
- Win a match with one team member remaining
- Win a match with all 4 team members remaining
- Take 50HP from another player in one hit
- Win a match
- Annihilate another player using a grenade with high accuracy
...& over 20 more!

Features
- 12+ Weapons
- Local multiplayer
- Online multiplayer
- Points & Awards system*
- Xbox & Playstation controller support*

* I would recommend using the keyboard and mouse when navigating through lobbies and game menus as this is currently experimental.

This project is in incredibly early stages, and there is only one map at the moment... I am looking for as much feedback as possible.

Let me know what you think!

Last edited: