• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Determining which texture pages are used

clee2005

Hey all,

I'm trying to optimize the texture swaps and there are a lot of pages with a lot of different sprites. I reduced to 1024x1024 and now have 60 pages. The swaps are running at 90+ where I had it at 10 swaps for 2048x2048 but it was killing older devices. 1024 pages seems to be the answer, since running even with 90 swaps it actually works great on old iPad2s and the like.

Still I'd like to optimize the page swapping, and have done my best, but it lands at 87+ after organizing.

My question is how can I identify WHICH texture pages are being used. The debugger is great in that it shows all the thumbnails of ALL the texture pages, but doesn't show WHICH ones are currently loaded in memory when you pause the debugger. That's what I need to know.

Thanks,
Chris