• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Deny new GMS updates (Steam version)

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Hi all!

I am starting a new project and would like to have the current GM Studio version throughtout the development phase.

I have the Steam version of it. How can I avoid new updates and keep the current version?

Thanks! =]

Turn off your internet. :) Although your login might expire after 30 days.

Or you could link your Steam account to your YoyoGames account on their website and download the Stand Alone version.

Keep your fingers crossed that no forced updates happen during your development period.

What are you planned target platforms. If it's PC you will have less problems. Other platforms, especially mobile update their APIs frequently, so you'd need to update GMS 2 anyway to be able to deploy.

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Hi Bones!

Wow, I thought that it will be easier. Isn't there any other way? o_Ô

My target plataform is PC so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chamaeleon

Hi Bones!

Wow, I thought that it will be easier. Isn't there any other way? o_Ô

My target plataform is PC so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ensure your Steam account is linked in your Yoyogames account and use the standalone installer from YYG instead and don't install updates when presented with them as an option?

There are some hacks out there to slow/stop Steam updates, you can search for them online. Or you could try always running Steam in Offline mode, but that comes with its own problems.

But no easy way that I know of.

Kezarus

Endless Game Maker
Well, I find the Beta tab and I think it's possible to select the version and stay with it.

When a new version comes up I think the current version will show in the select box. Current is 2.2.5.481.

upload_2020-2-23_15-37-29.png

Evanski

Raccoon Lord
Forum Staff
You can just turn off steam updating stuff automatically and wait for your approval to update; the problem is GMS2 stupid license expire timer will go off unless you update the IDE

Last edited: