Demo released 30-9-2016. "Programming" puzzle game inspired by TIS-100 and Spacechem

I

izark

EDIT: New version released 19/10/2016 fixing some bugs and graphic changes. Enjoy

EDIT (30-9-2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/fs2i8d8t4nsz0h3/The_Chromatic_Supercomputer_Demo.exe?dl=0
I improved the tutorial and many other things. Got rid of many bugs, and made shaders optional. Give it a try and tell me what you think!

Tell me what you think on reddit.

I am developing this puzzle game with Gamemaker, (The Chromatic Supercomputer) and I will soon (next weeks) submit it to Greenlight. Tell me what you think! I plan to release a demo after that submission.

EDIT: In this game you write a program using blocks and circuit segments as code. It is like a visual way of assembly, but you need no programming background. You work with numbers and pixels. Puzzles are designed to be hard, they are open ended (which mean hundreds of solutions per level are possible), and you will need a great deal of creativity and logical thinking to solve them. I just uploaded this video:
Here is the reddit. for more information and gifs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ChromaSupercomputer

https://i.imgur.com/xObeRcR.mp4

Last edited by a moderator:
Z

Zekka

IMHO this is a very pretty game in motion, even though I wasn't sure about the serif fonts and the blurring in your screenshots. (The GIFs look good is what I'm saying!) I don't really know what I'd do instead, though.

If you post more updates I'll probably check them out.

I

izark

IMHO this is a very pretty game in motion, even though I wasn't sure about the serif fonts and the blurring in your screenshots. (The GIFs look good is what I'm saying!) I don't really know what I'd do instead, though.

If you post more updates I'll probably check them out.
Thank you for the response. I am still working on the graphics and I am changing some textures. I have lowered the amount of distorsion, but the images from twitter are not full hd. I wanted to give it a retro aspect,

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Umm... this is not a design or development discussion but a WIP / Hype topic and so I'm moving it to the appropriate forum. A bit more information about what the game actually involves in the main post would be good, because at the moment there is none, and not everybody wants to click through links when browsing the forum... ;)

I

izark

Umm... this is not a design or development discussion but a WIP / Hype topic and so I'm moving it to the appropriate forum. A bit more information about what the game actually involves in the main post would be good, because at the moment there is none, and not everybody wants to click through links when browsing the forum... ;)
Thanks for the reply, I added some more information. The game is actually in development, that is why I posted it here. No problem if you want to move it to another subforum. :)

D

Dr Sunnyside

Looks cool, I´ll give it a try. Games that improves your programming thinking is always nice!

I

izark

New version released 19/10/2016 fixing some bugs and graphic changes. Enjoy