• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Demo Delve

I

Ice Guy

- DELVE -
What is Delve?

• Delve is a rogue-like game with elements of an RPG. Your goal is to traverse a massive structure that has come to be known as 'The Ruin', an age-old building that was said to be built because of a fascination of a cult to find out what happened if you dig to the bottom of the earth. You play as a girl named Aver, whose brother is an archaeologist and has been gone for months. You delve deep into The Ruin to search for your brother and hopefully save him from whatever perils he may be in.

What is there to offer as of now?
  • One playable character. More will come in the future.
  • Three enemies. Quite boring, but they are just placeholder for the enemy system.
  • One boss. Again, placeholder for the boss system.
  • Around 15 weapons to play with, and some health upgrades as loot.
  • Chests with items in them, some are locked which require keys.
  • Procedural Generation; the dungeon is always different.
  • Health bar, inventory, minimap images as the GUI. More things to come for the future.
  • Simple lighting system.
  • Music by @Mario Parmesan.
What does it look like?
  • I've prepared a video to showcase what the game is like as of now. (The quality is a bit poor, but it does the job.)

Can I play it?
What are the controls?
  • WASD Movement
  • Shift to sprint
  • E to open chests
  • Left click to attack, right click to block
  • Ctrl to drop currently held weapon.
Thanks for taking the time to play the game. I wanted to post this to get an idea on how I'm going and what people think of it. Any opinions you have please share them!

B

Blakkid489

Female protagonist? I'm down. Haven't played it yet but from the video it's almost like I don't have too lol besides getting a feel for the control.

This actually looks interesting and I'm excited to see what comes of this.

If I had to critique anything, it would be the slicing? I think.... if the stationary animation for Aver is what you're going for then that's fine. If not, maybe give her a bit of movement or lean towards her slash. Not messing with her hitbox, just making it a bit more lively. (if that made any sense)

That's all. Keep up the good work. (Following this)

I

Ice Guy

Female protagonist? I'm down. Haven't played it yet but from the video it's almost like I don't have too lol besides getting a feel for the control.

This actually looks interesting and I'm excited to see what comes of this.

If I had to critique anything, it would be the slicing? I think.... if the stationary animation for Aver is what you're going for then that's fine. If not, maybe give her a bit of movement or lean towards her slash. Not messing with her hitbox, just making it a bit more lively. (if that made any sense)

That's all. Keep up the good work. (Following this)
Yeah, the swinging is the same as the standing animation. I felt like doing some other things were more important than that so I haven't done that yet. Thanks for the feedback!