GameMaker [Deleted]

ZeDuval

I was curious right when I saw your asset in the marketplace and instantly downloaded it and put it in the back of my mind under "This will be fun as soon as there is time".I didn't have the time yet to look at it, let alone play around with it but the whole idea und concept is intriguing.

I think that the first three tutorial ideas are most interesting, for me personally. Number two reminds me of one of my favorite Sci-Fi short stories "Sand Kings" by George R. R. Martin. I'd like to make something based on that. I'll have a first look once I'm back from work. The flow chart is already great to get some ideas going, any further documentation, here or via message would be appriciated, so that I can delve into the topic while I have only pen and paper and no access to a computer.

Is any visual representation planned/implemented or is that something the user has to take care of based on the specific idea?(i guess thats the case?!)

ZeDuval

I'm not exactly sure if I understand what you mean by visual representation, but I am going to say no. This engine is just a unique way to handle real numbers. So you can use the engine for manipulating colors, sizes, sprite indexes, image_indexes, etc. Though you have to do something with those values to obtain end user visual representation.
I do understand what your asset does(at least i think so :D). What I meant was if you, since you want to make a/some tutorials, plan to implement some basic colored-pixel-based visual representation to represent value-changes eG value-growth by increasing the number of pixels or a mix of colors to show the combination of different traits. Anyway, maybe there I was already too far into my idea of usage. ;)

Thank your for posting the glossar.

M

Moon Goat

Perhaps this can be used in an educational game about genetics and breeding, or maybe (with some deep elaboration) and evolution simulator.
EA really dropped the ball on Spore (wasn't as good and realistic as it could have been); maybe this is just what one would need to pick up the pieces.