• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Deleted Room

U

Userername

I accidentally deleted the 1 room in my game so I made a new one but when I run the game it just shows a black screen. Any tips?

Bingdom

Googledom
Your game by default should have 5 most recent backups. They are somewhere located at
My documents -> Gamemaker -> Backups

U

Userername

You do have at least one object in that room, right? :D
Yes

Your game by default should have 5 most recent backups. They are somewhere located at
My documents -> Gamemaker -> Backups
Which file do you open because I opened one and there was nothing in the project even though the files were there

Last edited by a moderator:

Bingdom

Googledom
It only keeps the 5 most recent saves. If you kept saving with the problem, then it's likely you have overwritten the working copy.

The problem may not even be the new room.

Check that you don't have any infinite loops and check the compile console if it hints any errors.

U

Userername

It only keeps the 5 most recent saves. If you kept saving with the problem, then it's likely you have overwritten the working copy.

Check that you don't have any infinite loops and check the compile console if it hints any errors.

How do i do that?