• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Deleted File

F

Flayzee

Hi, so i accidentaly permantly deleted my game and I can't recover it, so I need to know if i can do something to recover that file, i was working for a long time and I accidentaly deleted...

P.S: sorry if there is any wrong word, I'm not english

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Revert to the latest commit from your source control repository, local or remote.

If you're not using source control, start using source control and load your latest backup.

If you're not making backups, start making backups and use file recovery software of your choice.

kburkhart84

Firehammer Games
In other words, if you have to ask the question, you are probably screwed. If you had backups and/or source control, I'd guess you wouldn't be asking the question. I'd also say this is a good lesson, and I hope you remember what you did so you can redo it faster then the first time...with backups on it.

F

Flayzee

[CITAÇÃO = "TsukaYuriko, post: 441149, membro: 28"]
Reverta para a confirmação mais recente do seu repositório de controle de origem, local ou remoto.

Se você não estiver usando o controle de origem, comece a usá-lo e carregue seu backup mais recente.

Se você não estiver fazendo backups, comece a fazer backups e use o software de recuperação de arquivos de sua escolha.
[/CITAR]
como faço isso?

F

Flayzee

[QUOTE = "kburkhart84, publicação: 441151, membro: 1468"]
Em outras palavras, se você precisar fazer uma pergunta, provavelmente está ferrado. Se você tiver backups e / ou controle de origem, acho que você não faria uma pergunta. Também dirijo que esta é uma boa lição, e espero que você lembre-se do que fez para refazê-lo mais rapidamente do que na primeira vez ... com backups.
[/ CITAR]
sim, eu vou começar um novo jogo e agora melhorar mais, eu aprendi a lição então ... não, eu vou fazer backups e começar a partir do 0

TsukaYuriko

☄️
Forum Staff
Do what?

Basically, you have four options:

- Revert to last commit
- Load backup
- File recovery
- Start over

Reverting to the last commit requires that you were using source control. If this is not the case, ignore this option (and start using source control).

Loading a backup requires that you were making backups. If this is not the case, ignore this option (and start making backups).

File recovery software may be able to recover some or all of your project files. This has no requirements and is basically either going to work or not going to work based on chance and how much of the files has already been overwritten on disk - the longer you wait, the less likely successful recovery will become.

Starting over is your only option if all of the above fail.