GML Visual Declare a new function dnd popping up and causing problems

I just installed GMS 2.3 and all of these declare a new function boxes are in my scripts. Normally, I would think that this would be a simple delete and be done with it, but I get a message like this

ERROR in
action number 1
of Create Event
for object <undefined>:

Variable <unknown object>.scene( 100119, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_GlobalScript_cutscene_end_action (line 6) - scene++;

This pretty much pops up in every script when I delete this. I’ve been having a lot of problems with my game since I tried to use many tutorials and they kinda overlapped. Honestly this is 1 of many problems but the change from GMS 2 to 2.3 screwed me and makes me wanna bang my head against a wall mostly because every time I figure something out another problem occurs. I believe a big reason for this is because my scripts can read certain variables and I don’t know how to fix it. Someone please help but do know that if you respond there will probably 100 questions to follow.

Also, another problem I just encountered was my game saying a specified layer does not exist except I can clearly see the layer exist in my room.

Biscotto

GM indicates that it cannot find the instance from which to use the variable "scenes". Are you sure that you have written your function correctly, and that there is an instance of the object on which the scene variable is incremented in your room?

If so, put the code of your function, in order to make your situation clearer.

Nidoking

You can't delete the function declarations. Why do you think they were put there? You'll need to understand the differences between 2.2 and 2.3 if you want to work in 2.3. Read the Manual sections on scripts and functions. If you have 100 questions, you may need to read them 100 times. The tutorials are out of date because 2.3 only released a few weeks ago.