Demo [December Update] Action RogueLike Prototype

Discussion in 'Work in Progress' started by PNelly, Oct 17, 2019.

1. PNelly

PNelly Member

December 2019 Update!

We've included the foundations of an item system, proto world generation, and redone much of the artwork, including units and the heads up display!

This is "Mad Mark" until we've got a proper name!

Take to the desert on your dusty cycle, using your wits and scrap to fight the good fight!

This is a progressing build of what we're envisioning as an open-world, action rogue-like inspired by Faster than Light (Subset Games) and Rider's of Rhea (David Lloyd of Powerhoof).

As of now, we're moving shifting gears towards content production. We've begun building out systems to support procedural world generation and item handling, which puts us in a pot to start actually generating that world and filling out our collectibles.

[​IMG]

Please play and share your thoughts, we're looking for insight on look and feel, pacing, and aesthetic. All praise and critiques welcome.
    Builds for Windows and OSX available via Itch: https://perchdrunkthugz.itch.io/codename-mad-mark

Thanks for Looking!
    PNelly

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2019
    Cpaz likes this.
  2. Cpaz

Cpaz Member

I really like how this feels! Although, I will say, i'd like alternate key bindings. Or at least some way of changing them (i'm a lefty).
    But yeah, seems promising! Is there anything beyond just a motorcycle shootout right now? Or is there anything to explore or discover?

3. PNelly

PNelly Member

December update available to play! All thoughts welcome.

Cheers,
    PNelly