• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Debugging windows & step buttons not appearing

J

JB2579

Hello, I am one month into using/learning GameMaker 2. I have the HTML5 license. Really enjoying it. However, when I choose Debug (F6 or via menu) my program runs, but within the IDE no debugging tabs/windows appear. Based on the documentation and videos on YouTube, I think I should be seeing a debugging tab and seeing step forward/backward buttons. I've tried creating breakpoints with F9 in a few places in my code, and the red dot appears in the left margin, but when when I press F6 to run it in debugging mode it doesn't interrupt at that point like I was thinking it should. Please forgive me if I have overlooked something obvious. -John

J

JB2579

I am still not seeing any debugging tab when I run the debugger. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

FrostyCat

Redemption Seeker
The debugger is only for native platforms. With HTML5, you should debug using your browser's developer tools instead.