• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - Code Debugger values updating very slowly? Can this be changed?

jedy567

Hi all, I just started learning GMS this week after using Construct 2 for a very long time. I love the debugger so far, but I have noticed something that has me confused.

If I start watching the player's variables (I'm using GMS's built-in "dungeon" demo and debugger tutorial), specifically, dx (horizontal movement speed), it doesn't update in real-time even with "enable real-time debugging" enabled. There seems to be a limit of about 1-2 seconds before the value for dx will update when the game is running. I'm hoping to see dx change in real time as I move the player around while in debug mode (in the meantime I have draw_text above the player's head with the relevant variables).

I also noticed this delay in the debugging tutorial's "Profiling" section. The animated gif in the tutorial pane shows its profiling numbers updating very quickly, and I have that gif side by side with my own profiling tab, where the numbers are updating almost twice as slowly.

As it stands, the debugger updates these values too slowly in real time to be very helpful with anything that changes in under a second or two, so I hope I can somehow change settings to increase the value polling rate.

Z

ze1

I'm having the same problem... I'm trying to track an instance variable in real time, but the debugger only updates like 2 or 3 times every second instead of every frame. How can I fix this problem?

EDIT: Oh, I just realized this post is for GMS2... I'm using GMS. I found this post on Google and didn't really pay attention... I'm sorry. (Hopefully my question is still relevant :p)