• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Debugger not working on YYC

A

anomalous

So the debugger doesn't work when running YYC.
But all performance related tools are embedded in the debugger, so how do I measure performance of the actual build from YYC?

In trying to make a roguelike, I'm finding the typical flood fill style algorithms that allow very easy and powerful AI and pathing, are near-impossible to run in GMS(1 or 2). Of course, adding that AND field of view is another issue. They simply take too long. So I've decreased the FPS to 30, decreased the grid size (I'm down to 20x20 I think), and it still is a beast. I'm hoping YYC knocks this down, and I think it does, I've checked real fps VM vs YYC and it's improved in YYC. But I can't profile it to see the actual speeds and such. I can profile in VM and cross my fingers that it's the things that also make the biggest impact on YYC performance?

NightFrost

I assume it is not a turn-based classic roguelike affair since speed is an issue? And you probably have a reason to use flood fill instead of A* which can be more effective? Concerning enemy pathfinding goals, is it mostly (or exclusively) pursuing the player while idle movement is just picking random directions?