• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Debugger Layout Issue

chirpy

On Windows 10:
I can set breakpoints in the "source" window [img1: object source] and then close it [img2: empty window], start a new "locals" windows [img3: object locals] to see the local values at the breakpoint, but I found no way to have both "source" and "locals" to show up at the same time. This makes debugger unusable.. however, it works as intended (debugger started up with normal layout and multiple window area) on another computer.

These all happen on a new, nearly empty project just to test the debugger. Not sure if it could be related, but I had GM:S 1.4 installed on this pc before upgrading to GM:S 2 (not on the other Mac-Windows with a working debugger). Is there something I may reset to resolve this issue?

img1:
debugger1.jpg

img2:
debugger2.jpg

img3:
debugger_locals.jpg

chirpy

Okay, so I looked into the logs and found the gmdebug_layout.xml file in my user working directories:
- C:\Users\NAME\Documents\GameMaker\GMDebug
- C:\Users\NAME\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\ACCOUNT\Layouts

Copied it back from the working PC, and my GMDebug layout's back to normal.

Here's the xml body, just in case anyone else ran into this issue for any reason:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Panel Type="eVertical" Width="1102" Height="675" Distance="491">
<Left>
<Panel Type="eHorizontal" Width="491" Height="675" Distance="311">
<Left>
<Panel Type="eHorizontal" Width="491" Height="311" Distance="117">
<Left>
<Panel Type="eNone">
<Window Type="Output" />
</Panel>
</Left>
<Right>
<Panel Type="eNone">
<Window Type="Locals" />
</Panel>
</Right>
</Panel>
</Left>
<Right>
<Panel Type="eNone">
<Window Type="AllInstances" />
</Panel>
</Right>
</Panel>
</Left>
<Right>
<Panel Type="eNone">
<Window Type="Source">
</Window>
</Panel>
</Right>
</Panel>

chirpy

Isn't there an option "Reset layout" in "Window" menu ?
Nope, there're only "Delete All", "Save Layout", "Load Layout". I'm assuming you meant "Load Layout" but none helped to restore the layout. "Load Layout" seemed to load from my previously broken xml with no vertical nor horizontal panels, so the broken layout stayed until I manually fixed the layout xml file.
screenshot_ 2017-03-14.png