• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

HTML5 Debugger changed?

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Howdy, all,

Am I misremembering, or did the HTML5 debugger once upon a time present an instance's built-in variables and custom variables you give it?

upload_2017-11-30_22-21-8.png

That's just one example of my instances not displaying any variables I created myself. (Its Create Event sets 7 new instance variables. It's clear that instance variables work but simply don't show in the list.)
  • Always been like this (and I forgot)?
  • Changed by design (and I missed where, even after searching)?
  • Changed by accident (and I should report a bug)?
Thank you in advance,
Bob $:^ ,

Dmi7ry

When I tried it (just a few times), it always showed only built-in variables.
It may be missed because of obfuscation (I don't know when the console was added into GMS - maybe it was before than it was added the ability to debug HTML5 code).

P

ParodyKnaveBob

If I recall correctly, GM:HTML5 (pre-Studio) had the JS debugger, thus (essentially) from the very beginning.

Also, when running in debug mode, your own code is not obfuscated -- only YYG's engine is.

However, your primary answer stands, you don't recall ever seeing custom variables. I'll wait for more info before concluding, though.

Dmi7ry

If I recall correctly, GM:HTML5 (pre-Studio) had the JS debugger, thus (essentially) from the very beginning.
Also, when running in debug mode, your own code is not obfuscated -- only YYG's engine is.
Initially it was just output console. But you're right, code always is not obfuscated in debug mode. One thing mislead me.

P

ParodyKnaveBob

Well, no more info came. Looks like I'll just conclude, then.

Also, yeah, @Dmi7ry, after you said it, I remembered the quaint little output textbox on the same page as the canvas (instead of the fuller debug popup window). $E^ J Thanks for that.