• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX debug.log missing?

Jason C.

Hi Tech Support

I'm getting the following message in my output window when I run my game:

tail: /var/folders/k7/02nq3dnj40993w3g3rd9nkdm0000gn/GameMakerStudio2/GMS2TEMP/MyGame_35A09661_VM/debug.log: No such file or directory

"No such file or directory"

Is this a bug or is there something I need to do?

GM2 v.2.1.3.273 on OSX 10.13.13

This was/is a bug in the Mac version.

I had this bug as well. It means the debug output (show_debug_message() etc...) doesn't get shown in the console window.

It was supposed to be fixed in a recent version of GMS 2.

However, I find that I am still having this issue as well.

It's something to do with the way the debug.log file is not created quickly enough on disk when running a build, so when GMS 2 tries to read the file so it can output its contents to the console window, it can't find the file.

If you run your game from within GMS, and while it is running, browse to the folder path listed in the error, you will see the debug.log file is actually there.

The forums here are community based, and not the actual offical dev support channel.

I recommend you log it with YoYo Support.

To report a bug to YoYo directly, use this page : https://account.yoyogames.com/report-bug