• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Database online

Tdyhre

Are there any online database that GMS can connect to i and easy ;-) way
the only thing that i can find is a 149$ addon in the maketplace
a bit expensive just for fun.

H

Homunculus

If it's just for fun you are probably out of luck, assuming you find a free extension for that, you still have to find a free (or inexpensive) service that provides the database. You could try to develop your own system using HTTP requests on a free PHP / MySQL provider, but it's definitely not easy, especially if you have no experience in web development.

One thing you could consider though, depending on your specific needs, is a free headless API solution like directus or cockpit instead of building your own API. It still requires quite some effort on your part, but the most critical stuff is taken care of.

Maybe there's something out there I'm not aware of though that just fits your requirements, what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Last edited by a moderator: