Windows DARKSPINE : Level Editor Framework [GAMEMAKER STUDIO 1 & 2] *GML* [ON SALE]

pixeldrama

Hi, I have copied that folder to wherever I had my project (which was not in AppData).
If there's a need to create a folder in AppData (if it doesn't exist), let me know.

Also, please update the instructions to be exact, as if they are written for idiots, which I or others buying the extension might be :)

Also #2: I would try prefacing your extension members with something like ds_, since I was getting compile errors on "loop" from the Darkspine creator code. I already had something called loop.

JaimitoEs

Hi, I have copied that folder to wherever I had my project (which was not in AppData).
If there's a need to create a folder in AppData (if it doesn't exist), let me know.

Also, please update the instructions to be exact, as if they are written for idiots, which I or others buying the extension might be :)
Hi @pixeldrama, in Windows, appData folder is invisible by default, in the explorer tool, you must to tilt the box for "show the hidden folders". After start a new project, if you don´t have any folder called as the same of your project name (in the appdata folder), you must to create this... I show you the final path with this image:

In the foto, "AppData" is the hidden folder by windows, inside this folder, you can see a folder called local. Inside the folder "local", check if exists a folder with the same name of your project, in my case is "DarkSpine_2", but surely for a new project, this folder is not created so, in "local", create a folder called exactly as you project name and then, put the folder "DarkSpine" inside.

Resuming, the folder must follow this path, you can´t put this folder in other places...

What? all scripts are named as dks_ on start, i don´t have any global variable called "loop"...

Last edited:

pixeldrama

1. I just didn't have the AppData project folder you mentioned. When I wrote "exact" steps, I meant more "If you don't have an AppData\Local\ProjName folder, it will not work", not how to show hidden files in windows :)
2. in the creation code for something, there is a var called loop, which may coincide with a script the user has, which are global, afaik, in gamemaker (like in my case, I had a script called loop).

I'll give it a try after work and come back to you on it.

JaimitoEs

1. I just didn't have the AppData project folder you mentioned. When I wrote "exact" steps, I meant more "If you don't have an AppData\Local\ProjName folder, it will not work", not how to show hidden files in windows :)
2. in the creation code for something, there is a var called loop, which may coincide with a script the user has, which are global, afaik, in gamemaker (like in my case, I had a script called loop).

I'll give it a try after work and come back to you on it.
Ahhh ok, you´ve created a Script called "loop" and it interferes with a local variable, if you only have to change that is that I have done a good job of compatibility with already started projects:p;). You can always change the name of the local variable or change the name of your script, now with GMS2 it is very easy to access a variable throughout the project.

No problem, if you can't get it started, I'll be happy to write to you again.
As a last option, I can support you remotely using an application like TeamViewer, we will make it work.

Last edited: