DarkLand 2d RPG game

R

Rover

Hi everyone, I’m currently working on the ARPG game, this called DarkLand. The style of game same the game Diablo 2, but my game currently is 2d (not isometric), some the graphic maybe can change when I upgrade it. This project has long time to release but now I want to show some of process this game for people and I hopefully get your feedback.

The story of game: Once upon a time in a small peaceful village. The monsters suddenly appeared.

They destroyed everything and attacked people. Those who resist are destroyed by them.

Therefore, people live in fear. You are the chosen one. You are the hero with the dragon blood and you have to kill monsters to protect the Hoadu kingdom.

The features of game:

Player and all enemies have 4 directions movement, night and day cycle. Chest, inventory, shop. You can purchase (buy and sell) with the shop (NPCs shop).

Do quests to get rewarded.

Kill monster, boss of monsters.

Many kinds of items equipment: cap, Armor, shield, pants, boots, ring, necklace, cape, gloves.

Many type of weapons: sword, mace, thrust, bow, axe, hatchet, hammer…

Map is big and you can traveling open the world.

Collect items from monsters when you kill them (random loot).

Exploring the cave for each map (on average one map, there is 2 cave).

Much more will be come.

In the next process, I will show the cave that you can travel in the map.

Now, you can watch the video to know something about my game. Thanks for watching.

S

SamMon

Very impressed, hope you soon complete this project. However I found it had a problem with moving, it seemed to move slowly. Everything else is great. I'm diablo game fan so I'm looking forward to it.

R

Rover

Very impressed, hope you soon complete this project. However I found it had a problem with moving, it seemed to move slowly. Everything else is great. I'm diablo game fan so I'm looking forward to it.
yeah, I got the problem with the FPS when I tested it run on android, the FPS dropped but now I fixed it so the player can move smoothly. Thank for your suggestion

R

Rover

Update: Now, I will show the testing of buying and selling with NPC shop. You can buy all items and then you can sell it to earn money in game. In addition, this shows the player can travel to cave in the map, then the character can return to the correct position. Thank you for watching.
#darkland 2 rpg game

Joe Ellis

It looks really well made, the only negative I could say is the graphics could be better, but you could probably do with finding an artist who can do them

D

Deleted member 16767

Actually, I think the graphics look okay. It's not much to see yet, but when you make the content bigger the graphics will get bigger and it will grow on you. My feedback is to zoom out the view. Good job on the game and I am making something similiar to yours.

R

Rover

It looks really well made, the only negative I could say is the graphics could be better, but you could probably do with finding an artist who can do them
Yes, you're right. I want to change the graphics (character) but I don't enough money and I don't know how to find the artist ( I know if I rent the artist to make the RPG character sprite sheets with all animations is very expensive), do you know some website that they sell 2d rpg character sprite assets that including all animation with all items as same that? I find everything in Unity marketplace, gamedevmarket .. but didn't find it.

Actually, I think the graphics look okay. It's not much to see yet, but when you make the content bigger the graphics will get bigger and it will grow on you. My feedback is to zoom out the view. Good job on the game and I am making something similiar to yours.
Thanks for your feedback, I will try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Ellis

Yes, you're right. I want to change the graphics (character) but I don't enough money and I don't know how to find the artist ( I know if I rent the artist to make the RPG character sprite sheets with all animations is very expensive), do you know some website that they sell 2d rpg character sprite assets that including all animation with all items as same that? I find everything in Unity marketplace, gamedevmarket .. but didn't find it.
No sorry, but a good way to get people to help is simply mention it on the OP in this thread, and if your on twitter etc. You might find someone who's interested in helping for free, with a deal that you offer them a percentage of the profits. I'm working on 2 games that aren't my own with that kind of deal.

However, if you've done all the graphics yourself so far, I'm sure you could improve and polish them over time. And they do look good, but they could also look better, but I meant like finishing touches really. maybe doing a global color palette for them, so all the things would fit together better, eg. the greens and browns of the armour\clothing, if they shared the same hues and the grass and dirt. Also there seems to be a clash with some of the graphic's styles, some look pixely with outlines, others look antialiased and smooth, and some look rendered, so I think just picking 1 technique would help, or perhaps 2, like the background objects having no outlines while characters and interactive objects do.
But I know that animating characters takes alot of time, so maybe getting someone who does mostly character work onboard would be a good idea.

T

Tony Bruck

Hi, Rover, I am very impressed with your project, I want to ask if you want to cooperate with me on games? or are you selling source code? If yes, please pm me or let me know. Thank you.

R

Rover

No sorry, but a good way to get people to help is simply mention it on the OP in this thread, and if your on twitter etc. You might find someone who's interested in helping for free, with a deal that you offer them a percentage of the profits. I'm working on 2 games that aren't my own with that kind of deal.

However, if you've done all the graphics yourself so far, I'm sure you could improve and polish them over time. And they do look good, but they could also look better, but I meant like finishing touches really. maybe doing a global color palette for them, so all the things would fit together better, eg. the greens and browns of the armour\clothing, if they shared the same hues and the grass and dirt. Also there seems to be a clash with some of the graphic's styles, some look pixely with outlines, others look antialiased and smooth, and some look rendered, so I think just picking 1 technique would help, or perhaps 2, like the background objects having no outlines while characters and interactive objects do.
But I know that animating characters takes alot of time, so maybe getting someone who does mostly character work onboard would be a good idea.
yah, thank you for your help, I hope I will find someone can help me for better the graphic.

Hi, Rover, I am very impressed with your project, I want to ask if you want to cooperate with me on games? or are you selling source code? If yes, please pm me or let me know. Thank you.
oh, you can find another my project that I sell at here: https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/publishers/3992/hd-production
Thank you for your cooperation. If I need I will contact you.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Madrin

Could you do the tutorial for the inventory like your game? I'm looking the good inventory tutorial but almost it just basic, or do you sell the source code (related to inventory)? I'm big fan Diablo 2 and I saw your inventory project is very perfect that I have ever seen.
Are you an Asian?

T

Tran Thi Huyen Trang

I bought your project yesterday, it was great. I am looking forward to you having great projects with the shooting platform

R

Rover

Could you do the tutorial for the inventory like your game? I'm looking the good inventory tutorial but almost it just basic, or do you sell the source code (related to inventory)? I'm big fan Diablo 2 and I saw your inventory project is very perfect that I have ever seen.
Are you an Asian?
yeah, me too. I'm big fan of Diablo. Now, I didn't do any tutorial because I'm not good at presentation or communication. I will thinking about sell the source code inventory that same my project and if I release it, I will let you know. Thanks for your interest

S

SamMon

This looks awesome! I've tried doing same thing but my project can't great as your game. Keep up the great work. I like RPG game.

R

Rover

official!!!!
Hi all, I decided to release this project. Now, you can see it at here: https://hd-production.itch.io/darkland-rpg-engine
I'm uploading in Yoyo marketplace but I got problem with it because my project larger than 34MB so I can not upload it and that's reason I upload it on itch.io.
Hope you will find anything that you want to do RPG game.
Thank you for interesting

S

SuSan Dan

I'm a newbie, i'm finding anything related to rpg project made by game maker engine and that's reason i found your game. I bought it yesterday, i like it, some graphic is not to bad, but the engine is perfect. I think it is expensive but now, i'm sure that it is worth the money. By using it, i think i can do my project better.

T

Tran Thi Huyen Trang

I bought it. One of the best purchases on the marketplace.

R

RodderGer

Best of the best!
This guy and this project is probably the BEST thing on this Marketplace, he was quick to respond to my questions and solved and problems quickly. That's reason I want to feedback for you.

S

SamMon

I'm a newbie, i'm finding anything related to rpg project made by game maker engine and that's reason i found your game. I bought it yesterday, i like it, some graphic is not to bad, but the engine is perfect. I think it is expensive but now, i'm sure that it is worth the money. By using it, i think i can do my project better.
I saw there are many expensive marketplace project of YoYo, but the quality is not good(some it same sh** with the price in the sky, wtf) and expensive more than this project(exactly this is completed game and more high quality). I'm not sure this is the best asset, but my opinions that is the best of the best asset I have seen and worth the money.

T

Tony Bruck

As my suggestion above, he is selling source code. Just want to say again: Thank you for your sharing. Yes, this is the best project that I want to buy and I got it. I'm sure you will exciting and happy with this project. PERFECT!!!!

R

Rover

thank you for your purchase.
I love all you, I hope you will happy with this and it helps for all your project.
When I feel that's enough for me, I will soon stop selling this project because I continues use this engine for my game.

Attachments

M

Madrin

The high quality project so many people will buy it.Yes, i'm happy with your asset.

R

Rover

Best of the best!
This guy and this project is probably the BEST thing on this Marketplace, he was quick to respond to my questions and solved and problems quickly. That's reason I want to feedback for you.
Thank for your purchase, I'm glad you like it!

R

Rover

I saw there are many expensive marketplace project of YoYo, but the quality is not good(some it same sh** with the price in the sky, wtf) and expensive more than this project(exactly this is completed game and more high quality). I'm not sure this is the best asset, but my opinions that is the best of the best asset I have seen and worth the money.
yeah, thank for your feedback

B

Bjeuel88

Excellent Work! keep it going. I bought it tomorrow, it works perfectly and now i hope you will make it online because i'm sure i will buy it again.

R

Rover

Excellent Work! keep it going. I bought it tomorrow, it works perfectly and now i hope you will make it online because i'm sure i will buy it again.
thank for supporting. Currently, I am too busy with many other projects, so I cannot continue with this project. However, I will do this online project as soon in the future.

A

Anton Provid

wow, i'm looking the inventory can make best for my project. i found a lot of extensions in the yoyo marketplace or the tutorial in youtube but it's not same things that i need. i just bought it and i'm happy with this. i have never seen the best engine as your assets. Thank for your release this assets.

R

Rover

wow, i'm looking the inventory can make best for my project. i found a lot of extensions in the yoyo marketplace or the tutorial in youtube but it's not same things that i need. i just bought it and i'm happy with this. i have never seen the best engine as your assets. Thank for your release this assets.
Hi and thank for buying my stuff! Yes, it is just on sale until Tomorrow. Moreover, many my projects are on sale, you can see it in my page (itch.io).

N

Newbie Gamemaker

Wow, I got the trouble with the inventory and i found it, so can you tell me more about the inventory you are using in your asset? I am interested in this project. If you help me with the information I understand The coding with inventory, I am happy to buy it. I inbox to you. Thank you

R

Rover

Wow, I got the trouble with the inventory and i found it, so can you tell me more about the inventory you are using in your asset? I am interested in this project. If you help me with the information I understand The coding with inventory, I am happy to buy it. I inbox to you. Thank you
Done! Thank you for your purchase

River

This looks amazing, and exactly what I was looking for. I'm buying this tonight. Very impressive. Thank you for all your hard work !