• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Windows Daredevil Fan Game

F

Frederick Foote

Here is some footage of my fan game for Daredevil. Looking for some feedback about the AI. They are a bit tough at the moment and need to improve them.

Sabnock

Love a game of double dragon and this looks to be shaping up very nicely. looking forward to seeing more.

any chance of a demo?

M

McWolke

looks nice but.. shouldn't the screen be all black? or at least "burning" ? just like his vision? :D
some feedback (but not about the AI): the sound that plays when the arrow shows up sounds just like the windows sound and that distracted me sooo much, maybe change that xD

F

Frederick Foote

Love a game of double dragon and this looks to be shaping up very nicely. looking forward to seeing more.

any chance of a demo?
I'll probably have a demo in a few days. Got some issues to workout first(player doesn't spawn in Html5, and I haven't placed areas for power ups). I mainly looking or AI suggestions because I made this to be a beatem ' up engine. I have over 10,000 sprites of customs clothing and all the enemies randomly generate their appearance. My goal is to make the engine awesome and then churn out decent fan games for those TV shows and movies that never got one.

F

Frederick Foote

looks nice but.. shouldn't the screen be all black? or at least "burning" ? just like his vision? :D
some feedback (but not about the AI): the sound that plays when the arrow shows up sounds just like the windows sound and that distracted me sooo much, maybe change that xD
I can change the Ding, but this isn't a FPS so no need for the fire screen :p

F

FROGANUS

yeah big up for river city ransom style direction.
as for your AI concern? you seem to have the basic track-and-attack player scheme down, but wat else? maybe make them dash at player sometimes? or strafe sometimes to spread out? also, next logical step would be add dudes with brass knuckles. looks cool, cheers

F

Frederick Foote

O i have weapons(melee, and guns). I just trying to make the melee more real like the way you suggest strafing. How would you go able it? random movements?a set pattern?

F

Frederick Foote

more like Nekketsu Kakutou fan game then anything else.
well no, it is using Nekketsu Kakutou's style but isn't a Nekketsu Kakutou fan game. For the game would be dedicated to the item you are a fan of. And i'm actually adding some grapples that are a mix of Final Fight and Wrestle-mania 2000(grapple that press up,down,left, or right to pick which move you do. I chose the Nekketsu Kakutou style because I'm working alone and can't draw that many better sprites. Can't see it in the video but my game was an inventory built in and there are over 12,000 clothing sprites. 112 per piece of clothing. So you just come here to spout nonsense hating or do you have something worth while to say?

F

Frederick Foote

Kids nowadays are so proud they know what Nekketsu Kakutou is....*Insert "I was born in it" Bane Meme referencing beat'em up games here*

Z

zendraw

lol, your the one thats hating here on me, im just sayng its a Nekketsu Kakutou ripoff, its not just using its style. its literally using its sprites. and its called criticism.

F

Frederick Foote

All of these sprite were custom made to look like Nekketsu Kakutou. Not one of these outfits style are found in the game. There are 16 randomly chosen beards, 3 skins colors, and countless outfits. Nothing is from the original game. As I said, in the style of.

Z

zendraw

so when are you gona release a demo to check it out. i still like the idea and it seems fun.

D

DukeMagus

intresting!

Say, which code you used to create the "depth" on the map (like a beat'em up). i don't know how to implement both the depth and jumping

F

Frederick Foote

intresting!

Say, which code you used to create the "depth" on the map (like a beat'em up). i don't know how to implement both the depth and jumping
That is the tricky part isn't it :p . your going to have to introduce a new z variable to go with your y and x. I'm actually planning on making a tutorial with week so I you can sit tight Ill walk you through it then.