Demo 'Dap' - a horror action adventure

MeltingCat

We have released a short demo of our work in progress.
'Dap' is a horror action adventure. To progress you must fight through darkness to find other Daps, travel with them and overcome a dangerous infected world.

https://meltingparrot.itch.io/dap

Currently there is about 30-40 minutes of gameplay.
We are looking for feedback, so apart from leaving us comments you can fill in this doc once played through the demo. This is for us to know what we need to improve!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfHzwSVzJBB3Ryb1Z52B_0CYYdXfjVrajNnMVlzGnEiqWCpeA/viewform

We are a husband and wife team working on this project together. The game is made in Gamemaker Studio 2 and has been our first game. We started to learn how to make games through the process of making this. So far it has taken us about 2 years to come this far, but this is including a big learning process - none of us knew how to program or had any other game making knowledge.

Thanks for playing!

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your demo.

Beautiful graphics. Daps were cute :)
Game got really terrifying torwards the end. Ended up running in panic to end of level when that spooky skull thingy just appeared out of nowhere. šŸ˜€

dapnofire1.png
I got stuck to this part since i didnt have fire to get those daps.
Tried to go back, but path was blocked so i had to load and go back to get fire.

I think map could be useful. I could see myself getting lost if area keeps getting bigger.

Got this error at end:
of Other Event: Room Start
for object o_Camera:

Invalid surface dimensions
at gml_Object_o_Camera_Other_4
############################################################################################
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
stack frame is
gml_Object_o_Camera_Other_4 (line -1)

MeltingCat

Hey, thanks for trying it out!
Good feedback, we will fix it asap ;)
We have had the suggestion for a map before and will consider this.
There will be an update at the end of this week to react to your feedback!