Steam Danger Gazers (post-apocalyptic roguelite) OUT NOW!

Shut

Danger Gazers
is a post-apocalyptic roguelite top-down shooter where you pave your own path. The choices you make will decide your fate, it will either turn you into the new ruler or... the ashes to be windswept away. Unlock new heroes and relics as you try to conquer the wasteland, master the skills, decisions and patience. Luck is not on your side.

It's all about replayability and maximum randomization. Procedurally generated levels? Check. Random map generation? Check. Random events? Check. Tons of guns and items? Double check!

Join forces and play together with your friend in co-op mode. Share the fun, share the misery!

• Pave your own path: you will have to choose your next stop wisely if you don't want your journey to turn into hell
  • Maximum randomization: area maps, levels, events, loot, they are all randomly generated to make every playthrough different
  • Local co-op: double the fun with a friend
  • Relics: permanent unlockables to further customize your play style
  • 7 heroes: all with their own unique abilities, powers and weaknesses

Feedback is very welcome!

Last edited:
M

Misu

I have to say, this is quite an amusing game and very stylish too. Unfortunately, it lags on my laptop but was still playable anyway. It did not ran as fast as it intends to display but it was alright.

I encounter a bug where when you are on the map. I decide to pick the shop, then afterward I exit the shop, and suddenly I can't select anything on the map. This is quite a great game and wish for more updates on it. :)

Shut

@Misu Thank you! :D I'm sorry about the lag, I haven't spent much time optimizing the game, yet.

Hmm.. That's strange. I'm trying to replicate the bug now so that I can fix it, do you remember any other details that could have led to that bug?

M

Misu

Hmm.. That's strange. I'm trying to replicate the bug now so that I can fix it, do you remember any other details that could have led to that bug?
All i know is that it happens when switching from shop back to map.

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried your game.

It was cool. Reminded me lot of Nuclear Throne.
I was also having some framerate issues.
I think it would be good to get some ammo when you pickup new weapon.

O.Stogden

Downloaded this last night to give it a go as it looked pretty cool.

Here's my feedback:

1. Framerate for me was fine, although my GPU is a mid-range one, so that might help, especially as Misu was using a laptop.

2. Ammo drops seem very rare, I spent 95% of the time using a pistol, I don't really see how you could use anything else realistically. The shotgun seemed partially viable to use, as it only took 1 bullet for firing a decent powered shot, however the SMG might as well not be in the game, as you might get 1 kill using 10 bullets. Ammo drops probably need to be about 5x more frequent than what I experienced, or at least another way of getting ammo, perhaps buying it at a shop, I didn't see an option to purchase ammo, although I may have missed it.

3. After buying an item from the shop and returning to an enemy room, I lost all of my ammo, even though I had 12 ammo before entering the shop, my guns were dual pistols, and I bought an item that cost I believe 150 crystals, and mentioned something about refilling ammo.

4. After defeating the first boss, the next room had no enemies, not sure if that's the end of the content or a bug, either way, I couldn't progress past the first boss.

5. Gameplay is fun, combat keeps you active and is engaging.

6. Graphics are good, filter is pretty cool, and not irritating, as I feared it might be.

7. Could be a fault on my end, but I had to lower my headphones to 2% in windows to cope with how loud it was, usually I have them set to 30%.

All-in-all, I think the biggest issue for me was the ammo, other than that, I think it was a really polished and fun game to play. Look forward to seeing it expanded further.

Last edited:

Shut

@rIKmAN Thank you! :D I'm finally getting it together, just need a little more time to finish the trailer and start looking for a publisher.

@Yrbiax Thanks for playing! I will look into the fps issue and see if I can make some quick optimizations at this stage.

@O.Stogden

1) Good to hear that :)
2) I haven't spent much time balancing the game, I was mostly working on adding the mechanics and content, so it's really nice to hear the feedback regarding that. I've changed the drop rate and it really is more fun now. Also, I forgot to add legendary gun drops when the boss dies, that's also fixed now :D
3) Fixed now. Thanks for the details!
4) I was still working on that area, not a bug :D

Thanks for the feedback, first impressions really help!

I've updated the game, fixed some bugs and did some balancing changes, also added a new level in area 2 which should be much more challenging.

G

You've got one hell of a work ethic! And you're a one man show, right? Crazy talent, it's going to pay off if you can keep going at this rate.

Shut

You've got one hell of a work ethic! And you're a one man show, right? Crazy talent, it's going to pay off if you can keep going at this rate.
Thank you :) I'm a one man show unfortunately, but yeah.. hopefully it will, so that I can afford to team up with someone. Btw, this is my only source of income right now, so I've got no other choice but to work full time :D

Shut

@Justice Thanks, much appreciated!

Reviews are more forgiving, that's true. If you're looking for feedback and need help with balancing gameplay it's one of the best ways to do so with the help of community and stats.

I'm not sure about any search algorithm advantages though. Right now, I still have a lot of new content to add. After I add the content and find the right balance for gameplay items I will start preparing for the full release.

I think it all depends on the type of game you're making, if it fits EA, it's probably best to make use of it.

Shut

Hey all,

I've been long gone from the dev process, what was supposed to be a short vacation turned into a long fogginess.
But I'm back now and just published a huge content update!

A new path stop, gold cards, improved randomization, balance tweaks, bug fixes and much more!

If you're into roguelites and interested, let me know I will PM a free key.

Shut

Happy New Year! Danger Gazers has launched on Steam and is officially out of Early Access now. :)

It was another good experience, all thanks to GMS.