• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

d3d_draw_floor Not Working Properly?

T

TheJJGamer

Hey everybody!
I'm trying so hard to figure out why d3d_draw_floor isn't drawing the floor texture I want. Instead, it draws/tiles every texture/sprite in the game as the floor/roof. I don't know why it's doing that and I can't fix it! Please help!
MY TEXTURES FOR THE FLOOR/CEILING ARE 128x128

Draw event:

// Floor //
d3d_draw_floor(0, 0, 0, room_width, room_height, 0, background_get_texture(back_Floor), room_width / 128, room_height / 128);

// Ceiling //
d3d_draw_floor(0, 0, 115, room_width, room_height, 115, background_get_texture(back_Ceiling), room_width / 128, room_height / 128);

M

Misu

Draws every texture/sprite in the game?...

That can only mean one thing... the background you using for texture does not have the 3D texture option selected in the background settings.
Go to yur background texture and look for a checkbox that says 3D texture or something. Select that.. it allows your background to become a texture for 3D. All sprites and backgrounds must have this setting for whenever you need to use it as texture in a 3d game.

T

TheJJGamer

Draws every texture/sprite in the game?...

That can only mean one thing... the background you using for texture does not have the 3D texture option selected in the background settings.
Go to yur background texture and look for a checkbox that says 3D texture or something. Select that.. it allows your background to become a texture for 3D. All sprites and backgrounds must have this setting for whenever you need to do 3d
Omg I'm an idiot. xD Thank you so much! =D