Custom Versioning System

D

DarthTenebris

Hello everybody,

A quick question that I can't seem to find the answer for anywhere: can GMS2 do "custom version numbers"? For example, instead of just a flat version "1.0.0.0" it would be version "1.0.0-cupcake-dev". Basically make version numbers more interesting. The game options in GMS2 only supports numbers, even though the platforms themselves can handle whatever version the app says it is, for example Android apps have an internal version number that must always increment with every update pushed to the play store, but it can very well tell the user who checks the app's version in the settings that the app's version number is "1.0.0-cupcake-dev".

Thank you for your time.

Yal

šŸ§ *penguin noises*
GMC Elder
Nothing stops you from having custom strings on the titlescreen and other in-game places, and the description accepts arbitrary strings as well (and usually is shown right under the filename, though it varies a lot between platforms and display modes)

D

DarthTenebris

Nothing stops you from having custom strings on the titlescreen and other in-game places, and the description accepts arbitrary strings as well (and usually is shown right under the filename, though it varies a lot between platforms and display modes)
I was hoping for a native solution, but if the only way to insert arbitrary version numbers is by custom string on the title screen, then I guess I'll do that. Thanks!