• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Custom particle system depth

J

Jakob

Hello, is there any way to determine the depth of your custom particle system? I tried with "part_system_depth" as well as placing the particle object between the 2 layers in room where i want them to be, but they are always on top of everything. I would be very happy if someone has a solution.

DaveInDev

personnaly I'm using part_system_create() followed by part_system_depth() and it works as intended. The problem may be somewhere else, maybe on the depth of your other layers ?

J

Jakob

Yup, im doing exactly the same thing. And the layers depth is in between the other 2 layers. I do not know where the problem is.

DaveInDev

are you sure that the 2 other layers have the correct depth ?
And that you create the other objects on these layers (instance_create_layer), and not with a custom depth (instance_create_depth or "depth =") ?
Or don't you use Draw GUI event somewhere for the particles ?

J

Jakob

Sure. This is the code and layers (bottom 3). Depths are 300, 400 and 500 so there should not be a problem, but nothing seems to work.

DaveInDev

I see the error : you are calling part_system_depth on the part, not on the part_syst !
use part_system_depth (part3_sys....), just after the part_system_create, before the creation of the part itself.

J

Jakob

Tried that as well but it just does not work. Thank you very much for your time and help. I just can t figure it out.

J

Jakob

oh well... I forgot to change to part3_sys... 2nd picture. Thanks again for help!