• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Legacy GM Custom fonts broken in 1.4.9999 [SLIGHTLY SOLVED!]

Phoebe Klim

Just updated my GM:S to 1.4.9999 and my custom fonts are looking like this:

upload_2018-8-30_21-27-17.png

upload_2018-8-30_21-27-34.png

^ This part should say ABCDEFGHI so it's off.

I'll try fixing with font_add_sprite_ext()

TheSnidr

Heavy metal viking dentist
GMC Elder
The first post of the 1.4.9999 announcement topic says to report bugs directly in that topic ;)
Link
Seems like only IDE crashing bugs will be fixed though, but might as well try posting it.

gnysek

Not sure, but if you try to replace ord("!") to $21, cause maybe they not broken font_add_sprite, but ord() ? Or ord("!") - 6 (cause from second screenshot I can see that A is 6 letters to far).

( $XXXX is a hex representation in GMS, so $21 == 0x21 == 33, which is number of "!" character in ASCII/UTF).

Phoebe Klim

Not sure, but if you try to replace ord("!") to $21, cause maybe they not broken font_add_sprite, but ord() ? Or ord("!") - 6 (cause from second screenshot I can see that A is 6 letters to far).

( $XXXX is a hex representation in GMS, so $21 == 0x21 == 33, which is number of "!" character in ASCII/UTF).
Code:
fnt_medium = font_add_sprite_ext(spr_medium_font, "!'#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz", true, 2);
^ Easier and more concrete, I think.
But I don't know how to use both ' and " this way.

EDIT:
Code:
fnt_medium = font_add_sprite_ext(spr_medium_font, '!"#$%' + "&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz", true, 2);
?

Last edited:

Dr. Wolf

Try subtracting 2 from your ord value when using font_add_sprite()...someone suggested it in the .9999 thread, and it seems to work for me.

EDIT: Sorry, quick change from "add" to "subtract"