• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Custom Drag & Drop Functions with named Parameters possible?

D

DarklinkFighter

Hi,

I currently try to create an easy to use RPG Framework for GMS2.
For that I would like to make some scripts that I would be compatible with the Drag & Drop System so that beginners could also use it even if I am a programmer and would not use it myself...

I noticed that calling GML/DND Script Code is no problem at all using "Function Call" or "Execute Script"...
But the usage of these Nodes is increadible ugly because the only thing displayed for the parameters is "Argument"...

2019-01-10 18_35_57-Window.png

Is there any way to create Custom Nodes which will use the JSDoc Style Comments to display arguments in a more readable way?
Or is it possible with Extensions?
So that it looks more less like this:

2019-01-10 19_45_42-Window.png

Best regards,
DarklinkFighter

Last edited by a moderator: