• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - GML Visual Custom Cursor

N

Noba

So I've been trying to make a custom mouse icon for a game, but I can't figure out how to get it to work, since most things that I've done so far haven't seemed to work. Can anyone give me some advice or tips on how to do it?

Don't know about D&D, I never use it. But drag in a code block and this will work:

window_set_cursor(cr_none);
cursor_sprite = spr_YourSprite;

N

Noba

That seems to have worked. Thanks to the both of you!

PS:
One more question. I'm trying to use the block that changes the sprite to a running animation when i press the left key, but the whole object just seems to disappear, and when doing it without the sprite changing block, the object moves fine. Any reason why this would be happening? I'm assuming it's because of sprite sizes?