• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Mac OSX Custom Code Snippets for Mac IDE

Where do I place the snippets.txt file if I want to customise the code snippets for the GMS 2 Mac IDE?

I see the manual list where to place the file for Windows, and I found the default snippets.txt file inside the Mac app package file, but it's un-editable in that location, and I haven't found any other location/folder that I can place the custom snippets.txt file that works on Mac OS.

S

samuraipixelz

Where do I place the snippets.txt file if I want to customise the code snippets for the GMS 2 Mac IDE?

I see the manual list where to place the file for Windows, and I found the default snippets.txt file inside the Mac app package file, but it's un-editable in that location, and I haven't found any other location/folder that I can place the custom snippets.txt file that works on Mac OS.
You can duplicate/create a snippets.txt file outside of the Show Package Contents directory and edit the file that way. Then you can replace the snippets.txt file that is inside of Show Package Contents > Contents > MonoBundle > TextEditor with the modified one.