• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Currently I am unable to run my game on GMS2

L

Lord_D

HI EVERYONE!

I recently bought the "GameMaker Studio 2 Creator Windows" (I do not know if this has effected anything or not) and ever since then I have had troubles with running my game. I have viewed and taken advice from other threads where they advised to run GMS2 as admin, I've made sure that in File>Preferences>Runtime Feeds>Master that I have the latest runtime, I have logged out and back in again on GMS2 and I have restarted my PC. I have come to the point where I have become exhausted and have decided to ask for assistance on my own thread in hope of a more helpful solution. I am unaware whether this is a bug with GMS2 or me just being dull or me just not knowing how to use GMS2 properly. I am also relatively new to GMS. When I attempt to run my program (BTW I am using DnD as I have an assignment that requires me only use it) my output tab returns the line -

elapsed time 00:00:00.0750205s for command "cmd" /c subst X: "C:\ProgramData\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\runtimes\runtime-2.2.2.326" started at 04/22/2019 23:15:06

The "Building..." progress bar at the top right of GMS2 does not move at all despite me walking away and coming back to my computer after 45 minutes. I am hoping that somebody is kind enough to help, I show gratitude to anyone who does.

Thank You.

rIKmAN

If you make a new empty project and attempt to compile it, does that work?

Try both DND and GML projects.

L

Lord_D

If you make a new empty project and attempt to compile it, does that work?

Try both DND and GML projects.
Thank you for responding rIKmAN

I have attempted both suggestions an the problem with my programs not running still stands, still not sure why.

rIKmAN

Clear the project cache (click the broom icon at the top of the IDE), then right click the output console at the bottom of the IDE and clear it.

Then try and run a project, and when it fails post the complete output from the console.

L

Lord_D

Clear the project cache (click the broom icon at the top of the IDE), then right click the output console at the bottom of the IDE and clear it.

Then try and run a project, and when it fails post the complete output from the console.
I am unaware of the reason, but when I clear the cache of my project it prevents me from even running my program (when I click the "run" button or pres f5 nothing occurs) so nothing ends up in the console. The console only returns information if I do not "clean" before I click "run" but the project still has the same problem I created this thread to try to resolve.

rIKmAN

I am unaware of the reason, but when I clear the cache of my project it prevents me from even running my program (when I click the run button or pres f5 nothing occurs) so nothing ends up in the console
If you don't clean the cache, do you get more output that what you posted in your OP?
If so, paste all of it.

Does your account have Admin access on the machine?
If you have any AV, firewall or system protection software try disabling them before loading GMS2 and seeing if that makes a difference.

L

Lord_D

If you don't clean the cache, do you get more output that what you posted in your OP?
If so, paste all of it.

Does your account have Admin access on the machine?
If you have any AV, firewall or system protection software try disabling them before loading GMS2 and seeing if that makes a difference.
I turned of my AV, firewall as well as my system protection software, none of which changed anything as far as I am aware of.

This is what is in the console when I run without pressing clean:

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\titre\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0790189s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\titre\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 04/23/2019 22:25:50
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\titre\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"

rIKmAN

I turned of my AV, firewall as well as my system protection software, none of which changed anything as far as I am aware of.

This is what is in the console when I run without pressing clean:

"cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\titre\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE"

elapsed time 00:00:00.0790189s for command "cmd" /c subst Z: "C:\Users\titre\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE" started at 04/23/2019 22:25:50
"cmd" /c subst Y: "C:\Users\titre\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\GMS2TEMP"
Hmm, not much to go off there and if AV / Firewall etc are all turned off to test then that rules those out too.

Are you using an IDE skin or is everything default?
Is there anything in your ui.log file that sticks out or points towards an issue?
(Use the help menu in the IDE and opn the ui.log)

L

Lord_D

Hmm, not much to go off there and if AV / Firewall etc are all turned off to test then that rules those out too.

Are you using an IDE skin or is everything default?
Is there anything in your ui.log file that sticks out or points towards an issue?
(Use the help menu in the IDE and opn the ui.log)
My skins folder is empty and i have made sure to set everything as default.

Thank you for trying to help me. If there isn't much else you can think of for why I have this issue or how it can be fixed i appreciate you giving up your time.

rIKmAN

My skins folder is empty and i have made sure to set everything as default.

Thank you for trying to help me. If there isn't much else you can think of for why I have this issue or how it can be fixed i appreciate you giving up your time.
Not giving up just yet as you still didn't answer some questions I asked previously:

Does your user account (titre?) have Admin rights?
Have you tried running GMS2 itself with Admin rights? (right click the shortcut or exe and "Run as Administrator")
Does the ui.log file contain anything which looks like it may be causing an issue?

L

Lord_D

UPDATE: I have figured out a way to finally run my program, but I had to resort to using an older runtime feed. It still isn't a solution as not all of my assets are implemented in the program that I placed in my workspace not sure why