Crystal Quest (AN ENDLESS 2D RPG Defense game) [HOW HIGH A LEVEL CAN YOU REACH?]

JayArnold

I have been working on this project solo for about 4 years on and off, when Im not working as a big time music producer in Houston, TX. My vision for the game is grand and will include hundreds of enemies, weapons, and armor, as well as epic bosses to combat at high levels. This will be one of those games on your phone that you log on every day to improve the strength of your customized character and climb the leaderboards for the number one spot.

Currently, im about 60% of the way there to my full vision. Most of the mechanics have been implemented, and I only have several major features to add before I begin vastly expanding on what I have built so far. The last leg of my development journey will be designing the powers, enemies, and weapons, i have made it easy to implement. Currently there are about 15 enemies to discover and one boss, this can easily be expanded on. My most recent feature added is SAVING AND LOADING! :D

So now you can begin progress on the game and further whenever you have the time!

I am happy to release the current build to the public and I await all feedback!

Many of the implemented features are in testing and have not been fully implemented the way they will in the final version, so all progress will eventually be lost when it comes out. (your saves may not work on future versions)
For example: You currently can summon additional companions to fight and level with you by unlocking the summon companion power in the "OTHER" tab (WHICH IS INSANELY OP, HAVE FUN ;)) , however in future versions, companions will be purchased with in game currency.

Don't forget to save your progress routinely, as it does not currently auto save~!
I am open to all feature suggestions and please tell me of any unusual bugs you might come across!
Feel free to stream on twitch and create a youtube let's play! Its definitely far enough along for some good content for your channel!

You can find the current BUILD here!: CRYSTAL QUEST ALPHA 3.0 WINDOWS

Follow me on Instagram @JayArnoldProduces

one_50.png
two.jpeg
three_50.png
(SCREENSHOTS ARE FROM A PREVIOUS BUILD)

Last edited:

Yrbiax

Hey, i tried to play your game, but i got this error:
of Draw Event
for object obj_menu:

Variable obj_menu.timer(100047, -2147483648) not set before reading it.
at gml_Object_obj_menu_Draw_73
############################################################################################
gml_Object_obj_menu_Draw_73 (line -1)