• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Crux (Fantasy Board Game)

C

Cinderfire

Crux:
  • Category: Strategy, Boardgame, Turn-Based, Multiplayer
  • File Size: 3.6MB
  • File Type: Zip
  • GM Version: Studio 1.4
  • Download Link: Dropbox

Game Information:

Crux is a turn based strategy board-game inspired by Chess, Starcraft and Warcraft.

It is designed to be a competitive 1v1 board-game similar to Chess, but having it more in the style of a turn based Starcraft of Warcraft game, with fantasy elements and multiple races and maps.

It features 3 playable races, (Shadow, Primal, Arcane), and a bunch of different and unique maps. Have a dedicated server for matchmaking, allows you to host yourself, and supports local networking, as well as singleplayer.

The rules are simple. Each player gains 3 resources per turn. Use these to build units and buildings. Left click to do an action, such as move or attack. Right click to do a special action, such as freeze or teleport. Destroy all your opponents pieces to win.

Screenshots:

Future Changes:

The game is mostly done on the programming front. It will be bug tested and minor features might be implemented, but for the most part it's complete. It still needs artwork and sounds. Currently used random sprites I found online. Level editor will also be implemented. Maybe a dedicated server with matchmaking in the future. We'll see how it goes.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cinderfire

Are there anybody who would be willing to test the game with me, via Hamachi?
I would like to see if that works for online play, and also have some sessions of gameplay vs various people other then my lonesome self.

If you're interested please let me know, we can talk about it on discord.
My info is: Sister She#9801

X

xesphoj721

This is pretty interesting. I might even have a go at it if it's ever finished.

C

Cinderfire

Major update released. There is now a dedicated server online for matchmaking. Simply click go online, select your race, and click find game, to start playing online vs other people.

You can also host a map yourself and have people directly connect to your ip. For hosting you need to port forward TCP on Port 10102, before you can host, if you are not over local network or hamachi.
There are also some balance changes, new maps, some new sprites for shadow and boring small stuff.

C

Cinderfire

New version out. The game now records all matches played and saves a replay file. You can view these later by simply loading them. You can find the replay files in the appdata crux folder.

There is also some major balance changes and about 3-5 new units for each race to make everything more complex and interesting.

C

Cinderfire

New version out. The game now have a level editor where you can make your own maps to share and play with friends! As with replays these maps can be found in the appdata crux folder.

Edit: Artwork for Arcane units are now complete!