• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Discussion *CRITICAL BUG HELP!* Altering Run Settings- Resulting endless critical_process_died BSoD loop?

L

LordAdamMaster

Hi, I'm not sure if this is an issue everyone is having- but I was trying Game Maker, made a quick test game, alter run settings with Fullscreen when starting up, and make it windowless. I ran the game and encountered a black screen. Hard resetting my computer only to result in lag and explorer.exe errors- leading to a neverending loop of critical_process_died BSoD messages (leaving the computer as USELESS!). Any resolutions?

The OS that I used to do this is Windows 10, not sure if it has the same affects with 8, 8.1 or 7

Last edited by a moderator:
A

amusudan

Someone who test played my game yesterday had the same problems after turning on fullscreen. I too would like to know the cause.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
These things are usually caused by a driver or update. User level programs (rather than kernal level) should never be able to get these errors, you get the program not responding dialog instead.

L

LordAdamMaster

These things are usually caused by a driver or update. User level programs (rather than kernal level) should never be able to get these errors, you get the program not responding dialog instead.
Haven’t use GMS2 since the incident, but now that I fixed my computer (was an HP Envy originally bundled with Windows 8.1 prior to giving in the free Windows 10 upgrade at the time)— what measures do I have to take in order to at least try to prevent this from happening and having to backup my data/reinstalling a clean copy of the OS?