• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Creating objects that will "float" in water

i want to create a system so i can mix multiple (or just two) objects together in a class and that the liquids would seperate out based on their own specific gravity, how would i go about doing this in gms?

currently the best "water" i can make is by using the particle system but if i attempt to drop a "beach ball" into the water it will land, but if i just create it in the middle of the water it will sit their.

im sure that some aspect of this has to do with the motivity and agitation of the particle liquid but if i want to spawn a random object in a pool or water and then have it sink or float, how would i go about having the system agitate the liquid so that it would seperate out?

thank you.