Creating horizontal scrolling Menu

mnsalik

I want to create a list of objects containing menu objects. The List size is 10. I want to display only five objects at time the remaining will appear when user scroll the list . The scrolling will be performed on mobile devices using touch scrolling as normal scroll behavior is implemented for mobile devices. Kindly help me to design this scrolling menu as I am new to GMS.

JeanSwamp

Hello,

I am fairly new as well and I went through the same issues you're having. There's a few ways you can do this but everything depends on what kind of control you want, if you need them to be clickable or not, etc. The more info you provide, the best we can help.

Rough idea: Put the menu items into an array list. Draw 0-4 in a for loop. In step, if press right (or scroll right), toggle a variable to then draw 5-9. Add all of your other inputs into the step event.

mnsalik

I want to create a menu like showing levels in game. some levels are show as locked and some unlock. user can drag using finger through whole available menus and can press and open unlock menus.
The scrolling should be performed only on the levels list, the rest of room should be static.

mnsalik

Hello,

I am fairly new as well and I went through the same issues you're having. There's a few ways you can do this but everything depends on what kind of control you want, if you need them to be clickable or not, etc. The more info you provide, the best we can help.
I want to create a menu like showing levels in game. some levels are show as locked and some unlock. user can drag using finger through whole available menus and can press and open unlock menus.
The scrolling should be performed only on the levels list, the rest of room should be static.