• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

Creating Demo

E

E C

How do I create a game demo in GameMaker Studio (1.4)? Or is that not possible with this version? If it's possible, any instructions would be appreciated. Thanks.

curato

what are you trying to restrict in the demo? easiest thing to do would be to set a variable to if it is the demo or not and then check if they are doing something they can do based on if the demo or not.

E

E C

what are you trying to restrict in the demo? easiest thing to do would be to set a variable to if it is the demo or not and then check if they are doing something they can do based on if the demo or not.
I'm just trying to create a video to show the game in action for maybe thirty seconds. Is it possible to do something like this with GameMaker?

rIKmAN

I'm just trying to create a video to show the game in action for maybe thirty seconds. Is it possible to do something like this with GameMaker?
Play the game and record it using something like OBS.