Creating a Bluetooth App

Discussion in 'Game Design, Development And Publishing' started by Nabil Kabour, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Nabil Kabour

Nabil Kabour Member

I want to create a custom bluetooth application for iOS and Android. Basically just a remote control for some electronics. Should I use gamemaker for this? The reason I ask is because you can make some nice graphical effects with GM, all the other bluetooth apps I've seen developed by other means are very basic (such as app inventor). The trouble I see from using GM is that afaik the app doesn't keep running in the background (bluetooth connectivity will be lost), but I could be wrong. So in a nutshell I want to create a bluetooth remote app that looks clean and nice and incorporates graphical effects such as tweening etc. Any ideas or recommendations regarding this matter?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
  2. Kaguva

Kaguva Member

I have this solution :)

https://marketplace.yoyogames.com/assets/3326/bluetooth-android

3. Nabil Kabour

Nabil Kabour Member

Yeah that's what I was planning to use if I used gamemaker. However I have some issues with gamemaker as I said. The "game" doesn't run in the background, and I assume connectivity is lost then aswell? Other than that there might be no reason to switch over from gamemaker, but this isn't a small thing to ask for.

4. Nabil Kabour

Nabil Kabour Member

5. Kaguva

Kaguva Member

No, but i can create it, contact me at: kaguva.games@gmail.com