• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Create New Event from Maximised Code Editor

NeoShade

I don't know if this is possible or even a feature that other people would want, but it's something that feels natural to me.

I've been working in with the code editor for my objects maximised for the last couple of days, and it occurs to me that it would be cool to be able to right-click next to all of the open code-tabs and create a new code event from the context menu for the object you're working in.

Jobo

GMC Elder
You would probably right-click inside the code editor to do this rather than next to the tab, but I can see the usefulness in this idea... I think it's a very valid suggestion to be able to add, or open, events in the object you're currently editing in a maximized code editor.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
Not saying no.... but be a bit of a pain... having to display a context menu tree view to pick the object, then another "sub" one to select the event and sub event thing... bit nasty...

Hyomoto

I think he's implying for the object the code belongs to. My guess is this wouldn't be available on normal scripts.

C

CedSharp

Not saying no.... but be a bit of a pain... having to display a context menu tree view to pick the object, then another "sub" one to select the event and sub event thing... bit nasty...
I think he's implying for the object the code belongs to. My guess is this wouldn't be available on normal scripts.
I agree that when working in GML mode, with full screen scripts, it's a pain to always switch from fullscreen editor to the workspace just to create a new event/editor to work in.
It breaks the workflow a little.

Having an option to change event or to create them from the context-menu, a drop-down in the editor's toolbar or with a keybind would significantly speed-up things :)
+1

NeoShade

Yeah, at the time of writing I didn't realise that the choose editor would open scripts from wherever, rather than just one object. I see how that makes it way more difficult.