• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Create Native Service Extension Android

JesterOC

Hello all,
I'm trying to make a native extension for android... specifically, i want it to do Firebase Cloud Messaging...

The problem is that the service doesn't start.
there are no errors, service(s) just don't start... anyone have any idea why?

I've got this code in the extension under "Inject to Android Manifest"
and the MyFirebaseMessagingService file in my extensions Android Source...

Code:
<service
    android:name=".MyFirebaseMessagingService">
    <intent-filter>      
 <action android:name="com.google.firebase.MESSAGING_EVENT"/>
    </intent-filter>
</service>
THANKS FOR READING, HOPE YOU CAN HELP!

W

Wraithious

Is the firebasemessaging java file modified to work with gamemaker? What do you see in your command window when running the game, specifically, are there any "exception thrown...." lines there?
Also do you have the correct permissions to read/write/send mms and are they active in your phones app settings for your game?

JesterOC

No exceptions... Service(s) just didn't start... I ended up modifying the default yoyo android runner files to get it to work... (manifest, RunnerActivity and service files)
..also i still have an extension... But now all it does is a FCM_getToken() function
All works well... Gotta tidy up some code and then work on adding user search & friends list.

Oh and yeah it was modified to work with gm.