• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GameMaker "Create Moving" Game Maker Studio 2, in DnD or GML with explanation

Zollock

I noticed GMS2 doesn't have the DnD action "Create Moving" so I don't know how to create moving bullets in different directions in the same action
I'm not good in GML but I used it some times
Please Help

Slyddar

If you assign a speed and a direction variable to an instance, it will move, so just create the instance and then assign those values to it.

TheouAegis

When you create an instance, you can create a TEMPorary variable. This will save the ID of the instance created to that variable. You can then set that instances direction and speed by editing the variables direction and speed prefixed with that variable in dot notation. Maybe you can even target that variable, I don't remember. But to explain dot notation, if you don't know, let's assume you made the temp variable bullet. You would set speed and direction of the bullet to the shooter's image_angle like so:
GML:
bullet.speed = 4
bullet.direction = image_angle