• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!

GML Visual Create Instance seems to not work, need help.

J

Jcraft2000

Hey, so I am new to Game Maker 2 and following a tutorial to try and create my own fan game, however I seem to have hit a barrier. To convey the effect of a hallway light turning on I have created an instance of a Darkness object in the room and then made it so that left clicking the light switch destroys that instance. So far so good, however I am attempting to have another instance of darkness be created once the light switch is released yet the "Create Instance" tool seems to do absolutely nothing in that regard. I've tried making left released its own event, I've tried incorporating it into left pressed via "If Mouse Released" and "If Mouse Down" not. I've tried connecting it to previously mentioned "If Mouse" tools in different positions. I'm probably just missing something obvious since I am new and I am following a tutorial for Game Maker 1. Any suggestions welcome.

J

Jcraft2000

Update: Sorry for others in the future with the same struggle but i endlessly messed around with stuff, absentmindedly (while texting) at the end since I expected it to fail and whatever I did seemed to almost work. I have no idea what I did

J

Jcraft2000

Update 2: I have repeatedly tried it out, whatever I did worked 100%. I need to replicate this as well so I will get back to you if I find out.

J

Jcraft2000

Final Update: What I did was create a new instance layer in the room and then assign the create instance to that layer