• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Create from stripX? [SOLVED]

Mick

Is the automatic importing of sprites saved as strips (*_stripX.png) going to return? The way to import strips in GMS2 now is VERY complicated now compared to the old automatic way, or am I missing something?

Carnivius

I got GMS2 yesterday and just now found all them strips I've done don't automatically get sorted out on import using that method I used all the time in GMS1 (considering how often I tweak sprites it was a huge timesaver). Never thought I'd have to see that manual sprite strip cutter again. Hope there's at least an alternate way or maybe they'll put it back in?

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
LOL.... it's not that complicated, but I'll agree if it's a simple single line strip with no extra spacing etc, then the _strip thing is faster.

File a bug for it, and we'll add it to our backlog....

Mick

LOL.... it's not that complicated
Not so LOL in my opinion :) It's not complicated but I'm doing this a LOT, my artist is working in Pro Motion and saves strips which I will reload quite a few times. Having to manually write the frame count and frame size every time is not ideal. I will file a bug / feature request for it.

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
If he's in pro-motion, can't they just save an animating GIF, then import that? Then you wouldn't have to do anything else....??

Mick

If he's in pro-motion, can't they just save an animating GIF, then import that? Then you wouldn't have to do anything else....??
DOH, I didn't know that animated gifs were imported to separated frames in GMS2, even though I knew they are in GMS1.4, well that's good enough for me, thanks @Mike !

Mike

nobody important
GMC Elder
So, turns out "_stripX.png" was in the last public version. Not sure how long it's been there, but I missed on the last set of release notes. I've just tested it in 2.0.5.77 and it's working fine!

you can also export from the image editor into this format.