• Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Question - IDE Create Executable (for Windows) error

R

raindev04

As the title says
It gives me this error:

C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49\windows\makensis\makensis.exe exited with non-zero status (1)
elapsed time 00:00:03.4868678s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.5.49/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Temp\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows PackageNsis started at 04/29/2017 15:40:38
FAILED : Package Program Complete

I recently format my PC, maybe I lost something. I installed GMS2 and then I cannot export anymore.
Do I need some software that I don't have?

K

Kindred

Hey i was just wondering what you specifically did because i have the same issue with trying to create an executable but i read through the link you posted and cant seem to figure out what i need to fix. I'm using the VM output option and most of the page talks about setting up YYC. Am i meant to be using YYC instead?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Hey i was just wondering what you specifically did because i have the same issue with trying to create an executable but i read through the link you posted and cant seem to figure out what i need to fix. I'm using the VM output option and most of the page talks about setting up YYC. Am i meant to be using YYC instead?
No, the VM doesn't require the same setting up as the YYC. Post your error so we can look at it please.

K

Kindred

System.OverflowException: Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
at Vestris.ResourceLib.IconFileIcon.Read(IntPtr lpData, IntPtr lpAllData)
at Vestris.ResourceLib.IconFile.Read(IntPtr lpData)
at Vestris.ResourceLib.IconFile.LoadFrom(String filename)
at Vestris.ResourceLib.IconFile..ctor(String filename)
at ..(String , String )
at Igor.WindowsBuilder.PackageNsis()Igor complete.
elapsed time 00:00:04.5346509s for command "C:\ProgramData/GameMakerStudio2/Cache/runtimes\runtime-2.0.6.93/bin/Igor.exe" -options="C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\GameMakerStudio2\build.bff" -- Windows PackageNsis started at 05/13/2017 20:14:29
FAILED : Package Program Complete

this is the error i get

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Okay... Thanks. Some questions! Did the project compile before? Does an empty project compile? Have you checked the runtimes (in the prefs) to make sure you are using the most recent? Have you done an uninstall-reinstall of GMS?

K

Kindred

Solved my issue. I had changed some of the game options for the installer and i guess that seemed to be an issue because when I changed them all back to the default and tried to create an executable ,it worked. I'm not sure if it was because it had some sort of issue with my changes for the icon and splash screen but that was the only thing i changed and that seemed to fix it :) Thanks for the help and quick responses though! very much appreciated