Android Crashing issue on android but not PC?

C

casey

Hey I have a lot of game crashes on android when I save or load a game I created. It still does what it is supposed to it just may crash after doing either operation. I am using save_data=ds_map_create(); and ds_map_destroy(save_data);.

On the PC it works fine but android has a little trouble it seems... probably something to do what how it is much more limited when it comes to how much it can do. Still, it seems odd that just saving something to a text file could crash it but I am a newb when it comes to that.

any ideas on how to optimize a bit better for android or is it just a: hey your game was too complex scale down.

jazzzar

Hey I have a lot of game crashes on android when I save or load a game I created. It still does what it is supposed to it just may crash after doing either operation. I am using save_data=ds_map_create(); and ds_map_destroy(save_data);.

On the PC it works fine but android has a little trouble it seems... probably something to do what how it is much more limited when it comes to how much it can do. Still, it seems odd that just saving something to a text file could crash it but I am a newb when it comes to that.

any ideas on how to optimize a bit better for android or is it just a: hey your game was too complex scale down.
I don't know what your game is nor the code causing it to crash, we need more details somehow