• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Windows Crash on sprite editor

T

TZU72

I literally cant do anything to my sprite, heres how it normally goes:
start gms2
go into project
edit sprite
click ANYTHING
crash
windows 7 gms2 latest version for windows.
help please

rIKmAN

Did this happen on previous versions as well?
Have you tried reinstalling to rule out a corrupt installation?
Is Windows up to date via Windows Update?
Are all drivers up to date?
Does your system meet the minimum specs required?
Have you tried the software renderer / mesa driver?

T

TZU72

Did this happen on previous versions as well?
Have you tried reinstalling to rule out a corrupt installation?
Is Windows up to date via Windows Update?
Are all drivers up to date?
Does your system meet the minimum specs required?
Have you tried the software renderer / mesa driver?
1: I am extremely new
2: I did reinstall
3: im on 7, its no longer supported, and yes, I am.
4: I dont know.
5: probably not lol where do I read it
6: I dont have a gpu

curato

hard to say from just that. That report link at the bottom may have some useful details as to why it crashed.

Roldy

What version of GMS2?

When did this start happening?
Did it just start or have you never been able to edit a sprite?
Can you load a demo project and edit a sprite in that?

Nocturne

Friendly Tyrant
Forum Staff
Admin
Please make sure to send that crash report through to YYG and I'd also file a bug report telling them you are having this issue. You can do this from the Help Menu "Report a Bug" option. When you do, you should supply a link to the UI.log file, which you can find in %programdata%/GameMakerStudio (you'll need to upload the ui.log file somewhere like dropbox or onedrive and then supply the link from there).

rIKmAN

5: probably not lol where do I read it
Click the link I posted in my last reply and follow the instructions, from what you've said chances are your machine doesn't meet the minimum specs in some way so give the mesa driver a try and see if that helps. Typically it helps on laptops with onboard gfx chipsets.

If you can't find the ui.log file as @Nocturne explained, you can also find it by clicking Help > Open Log in Explorer inside the IDE if you are able to before it freezes up / crashes.

T

TZU72

Please make sure to send that crash report through to YYG and I'd also file a bug report telling them you are having this issue. You can do this from the Help Menu "Report a Bug" option. When you do, you should supply a link to the UI.log file, which you can find in %programdata%/GameMakerStudio (you'll need to upload the ui.log file somewhere like dropbox or onedrive and then supply the link from there).
ok ill try, thank you

T

TZU72

Click the link I posted in my last reply and follow the instructions, from what you've said chances are your machine doesn't meet the minimum specs in some way so give the mesa driver a try and see if that helps. Typically it helps on laptops with onboard gfx chipsets.

If you can't find the ui.log file as @Nocturne explained, you can also find it by clicking Help > Open Log in Explorer inside the IDE if you are able to before it freezes up / crashes.
yeah I prob dont have the MSR for the gms2, ill be upgrading soon, and thank you.