Couple questions about workflow in GMS 2

Biosyn

Hiya,

Just a couple GMS 2 questions I had regarding workflow for which I was not able to find any info:

1) How do I turn Laptop mode on by default? I did not see any option in Preferences, and it keeps resetting every time I close and reopen GM.

2) Is there any way to change keyboard and mouse bindings?

3) Every time I open a project, I get this message:

upload_2019-1-20_23-51-1.png

I've tried "generating" an icon and image as the message suggests, but the notification still shows up every time I open GM. How do I get rid of it permanently?

4) When an error occurs, GM will show it in the output tab. This is convenient. However, is there no way to directly go to the line the error message refers to by double clicking on it (instead of going thru the resource tree)?

5) How do I find a search term in an entire object? AFAIK, we can only search in individual events and the entire project.

6) Is it possible to pinpoint the source of an action triggering? Lets say I can check when an action is triggered in the game by placing a breakpoint in a specific line of code, but if an alarm is triggered in an object when it is counted down in another object, is there a way to highlight this (for example, if obj A is counting down obj B's alarm[0], have GM point to me "this line here in obj A led to obj B's alarm[0] triggering)

7) How do I make the code nesting color more visible/brighter/ or have it highlighted (this is when you click on a curly bracket and it shows the corresponding opening/closing bracket)?

8) How do I set the default Speed in the Sprite Editor? For some reason, when I create sprites (using the Create Sprite from Image(s) option), it sets the default speed to 15.

9) Where did the "Add Reverse" animation option go in the Sprite Editor? I found this quite convenient in GM 1.x. Surely its somewhere in the Sprite Editor of GM2?

I realize some of the questions might not have answers right now, but thought I'd ask any way.

Thanks for any help!

Last edited: