• Hey Guest! Ever feel like entering a Game Jam, but the time limit is always too much pressure? We get it... You lead a hectic life and dedicating 3 whole days to make a game just doesn't work for you! So, why not enter the GMC SLOW JAM? Take your time! Kick back and make your game over 4 months! Interested? Then just click here!
  • Hello [name]! Thanks for joining the GMC. Before making any posts in the Tech Support forum, can we suggest you read the forum rules? These are simple guidelines that we ask you to follow so that you can get the best help possible for your issue.

Android Couldn't find file in Z drive after successful build

R

ReyVerde

I managed to solve issues with my build settings and now GameMaker can build my game. There is only one problem left, after successful build GM can't find .apk file on "Z" drive so it can't copy it to .apk destination which is my C drive.

I tried to fix this problem, but everyone says about GM2 creating Z drive and appearing this kind of problems when other Z drive is mapped already. The thing is that I don't have mapped Z drive and what's more I can't see GM mapping it. Even during build there is no Z drive visible.

Code:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL in 37s
56 actionable tasks: 5 executed, 51 up-to-date

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'Z:/MyGame_4076102A\Android\default\com.my_company.my_game\build\outputs\apk\com.my_company.my_game-release.apk'.
Nazwa pliku: 'Z:/MyGame_4076102A\Android\default\com.my_company.my_game\build\outputs\apk\com.my_company.my_game-release.apk'
   w System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   w System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite, Boolean checkHost)
   w System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
   w Igor.AndroidUtils.(YYDictionary`2 , String , Boolean , String )
   w Igor.AndroidBuilder.Package()
Igor complete.

R

ReyVerde

What exactly do you mean? I saw issue with 'subst.exe' in another thread, but it's not my case. I can use it in command line without any problem, so I don't know why GM2 have problem with this. Especially that I run it with administrative rights.

L

Lonewolff

Fair enough. Given the symptoms, I was sure it was going to be the subst issue at play. Subst is what creates the temporary Z drive.

Carry on :)

R

ReyVerde

In the meantime I found out what means Z drive and I can just simply wind my game at this path: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\GameMakerStudio2\Cache\GMS2CACHE\MyGame_4076102A\Android\default\com.my_company.my_game\build\outputs\apk\com.my_company.my_game-release.apk

It still leaves question why GM have so many problems. Since Monday I'm working on importing old games from GM 1.4 to GM 2 and finally today I managed to build first. Game Maker just puts obstacles in the way of everything.

L

Lonewolff

I saw issue with 'subst.exe' in another thread, but it's not my case.
Hopefully someone else will be able to offer advice, as you've somehow established that subst is correctly doing its thing, even though subst is not giving you your Z drive.

Hope you find a solution.